See my hangover girl? The one with the elephant’s toes? She waters down the rain when I get home. Because it’s gonna rain when I get old.
I’m sure you have no idea what that means. Elephant’s toes? Ok, some of you do. If you don’t, no worries. My general opinion of those with elephant’s toes can be summed up in the line: “I’m not worried about your state of mind – you’re not the revolutionary kind.”
Time for the Monday Mission – Friday Five – questions – I don’t care what you call them, just don’t call them elephant’s toes.
Do you like the food on your plate to touch each other?
Unless they are absolutely meant to be together, no. What do I mean by this? A hamburger can touch a bun. The toppings can touch the pizza. However, the veggies can not touch the potatoes and the meat can’t touch the veggies. Simple as dat.
What two foods should never be mixed together?
Wow, this is a neverending list. But, to pick just one? I’ve never seen a Baskin Robbins offer a Pork Milkshake, and I think I know why.
What two foods do you love to mix together?
My single favourite flavour combination? Chipotle puree and lime.
Speaking of strange blends, have you ever had a friendship with someone your complete opposite?
Yes, a few times. The one that immediately springs to mind is Julie. However, all of my good friends are divergent from me in many ways, it makes the friendship that much more entertaining and unpredictable.
How about telling us about two of your favorite songs from two very different musical styles (country and classical, christian and metal)?
Wow. I LOVE music. Two completely different styles, eh? How about “Everything Under the Sun” by Extreme and “Tear Stained Eye” by Son Volt? They’re quite different. The Extreme song is actually three songs brought together over 20+ minutes that come to include acoustic and electric instruments and a complete 80-piece symphony. That’s different in itself. The Son Volt song is just an excellent song set to a lonely acoustic guitar and a soulful voice. Look’em up.
Friday quiz time – cheers!
- What time do you wake up in the morning? 7:30AM, Monday through Sunday.
- If you could eat lunch with one famous person, who would it be? Robert Schuller.
- Gold or silver? Silver.
- What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Attack of the Clones (twice)
- Favourite TV show? Ever? Dukes of Hazzard. Now? Any in that list on your left.
- What do you have for breakfast? Cereal and possibly yogurt.
- What would you hate to be left in a room with? Madonna and/or Alanis.
- Can you touch your nose with your tongue? No.
- Who inspires you? Family, friends, and those that do nice things.
- Beach or city? City. Hate beaches. Like water, hate sand.
- Summer or winter? Nowadays, summer, because it hasn’t been that hot.
- Favourite ice cream? Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Buttered, plain or salted popcorn? If I HAVE to have popcorn, plain.
- Favourite color? Color: blue. Shade: black.
- Favourite car? Mazda GLC
- Favourite sandwich? Grilled cheese.
- True love? Yes.
- What characteristics do you despise? Dishonesty and deceit.
- Favourite flower? Hahahahahahahahahahaha…
- If you had a big win on the lottery, how long before you told people? As long as possible.
- Fizzy or still water as a drink? Still, with lemon.
- What color is your bathroom? Black and ‘taupe’, which being a man, I refer to as ‘light brown’.
- How many keys on your key ring? Four.
- Where would you retire to? Charlottetown, PEI.
- Can you juggle, if yes how many? Balls? Two.
- Favourite day of the week? They’re all the same to me, I’m working 24/7 nowadays.
- Red or white wine? None. If forced, white.
- What did you do for your last birthday? Turned 28. Dinner with family and the Mrs.
1. What high school did you attend?
The Humberview Secondary School. Scumberview. Worst. School. Ever.
2. Were you involved in any extracurricular activities during your high school years?
Not really, no. There’s this really bad picture of me with big hair (oh he I miss ye) in my grade 8 yearbook from when I was in the International Club. That lasted for about 10 minutes, and yet they still managed to take a picture. I did SAC with Parn when he was elected in some form. Other than this, nothing.
3. What were the classes you most enjoyed?
The easy way out would be to say guitar because I took it for three years and it was the biggest joke of a credit ever. You know when the class comes with optional tests it’s not meant to be big credit. :) So I’ll go out on a limb and rear my intellectual side by saying Ms. Adele’s Creative Writing class. I felt so misunderstood for most of high school and just wrote everything down. The chance to be encouraged, no matter how odd, was a welcome change. I owe Ms. Adele a debt for that.
4. What was the name of your first high school date/girlfriend?
The first real ‘date’ would have been, and forgive me for the spelling if she ever found this page, Monica Micucki. I KNOW that’s not spelled right. I should go find a yearbook, but it’s late and I’m lazy. We had a single date where we went to Reuben’n’Wong’s (now extinct) and saw ‘Malice’ at Sherway Cinemas. Not like it’s much of a surprise to any high school friends, but my first big crush would have been Renee Degen. *gasp*
5. What was the name of your last high school date/girlfriend?
High school? Dangit.. Monica? :) I didn’t enter my dating phase until I hit University.
Until next week… and by the way, I grab these from random sites online. If there are any other questions any of you would rather I asked just send me a series of five (if possible) and they’ll be answered here next Friday.
1. Do you like summer heat?
Not in the least. Summer is my least favourite season. I enjoy the bright colours that are more typical in this frozen tundra of Canada during this time of year, but if the temperature gets above 60F I experience great discomfort. :)
2. What is your favorite thing to grill?
What don’t I love to grill. You name it. But I think the one food that tastes better on the grill than any other way is asparagus. Rub some olive oil, salt, and pepper and it’s like magic. After that – pork chops, chicken, mushrooms, corn, steak.
3. A fun way you stay cool?
Well, I’d say sprawled out in front of a fan in silk boxers but that would be offering up too much information. So I’ll say Coke in a frosty mug instead.
4. Does summer get you in the mood for a certain type of music?
Oh yeah, I have music for the seasons. In the summer the loud music comes back out.
5. Where do you like to get away during the summer?
Canada’s Wonderland, Toronto Zoo, The Ex, Buffalo, and one of these years, camping.