I’m bored and I want to do a Friday Five – so travel with me, back in time – four days…
1. If you could only choose 1 cd to ever listen to again, what would it be?
This question sucks. If I can listen to only one, it’s III Sides To Every Story by Extreme. The third side of the album, an 80-piece orchestral piece, is (in my opinion) the greatest thing ever put on a CD in history. Honorable mention to Straightaways by Son Volt and August and Everything After by Counting Crows.
2. If you could only choose 2 movies to watch ever again, what would they be?
The Goonies and Singles.
3. If you could only choose 3 books to read ever again, what would they be?
The Bible, Scrubs on Skates, and The Giving Tree.
4. If you could only choose 4 things to eat or drink ever again, what would they be?
Vanilla Coke, Iced Tazo Chai, Kraft Dinner, and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Blizzards.
5. If you could only choose 5 people to ever be/talk/associate/whatever with ever again, who would they be?
My wife, my Mom, my Dad, my sister, and Robert Schuller.
PS.. thanks Michelle.
See my hangover girl? The one with the elephant’s toes? She waters down the rain when I get home. Because it’s gonna rain when I get old.
I’m sure you have no idea what that means. Elephant’s toes? Ok, some of you do. If you don’t, no worries. My general opinion of those with elephant’s toes can be summed up in the line: “I’m not worried about your state of mind – you’re not the revolutionary kind.”
Time for the Monday Mission – Friday Five – questions – I don’t care what you call them, just don’t call them elephant’s toes.
Do you like the food on your plate to touch each other?
Unless they are absolutely meant to be together, no. What do I mean by this? A hamburger can touch a bun. The toppings can touch the pizza. However, the veggies can not touch the potatoes and the meat can’t touch the veggies. Simple as dat.
What two foods should never be mixed together?
Wow, this is a neverending list. But, to pick just one? I’ve never seen a Baskin Robbins offer a Pork Milkshake, and I think I know why.
What two foods do you love to mix together?
My single favourite flavour combination? Chipotle puree and lime.
Speaking of strange blends, have you ever had a friendship with someone your complete opposite?
Yes, a few times. The one that immediately springs to mind is Julie. However, all of my good friends are divergent from me in many ways, it makes the friendship that much more entertaining and unpredictable.
How about telling us about two of your favorite songs from two very different musical styles (country and classical, christian and metal)?
Wow. I LOVE music. Two completely different styles, eh? How about “Everything Under the Sun” by Extreme and “Tear Stained Eye” by Son Volt? They’re quite different. The Extreme song is actually three songs brought together over 20+ minutes that come to include acoustic and electric instruments and a complete 80-piece symphony. That’s different in itself. The Son Volt song is just an excellent song set to a lonely acoustic guitar and a soulful voice. Look’em up.
This post is great… FOR ME TO POOP ON! I kiiid.. I kiiiiid… (my shout-out to GoalieGirl)
1. The Relay for Life Cancer run this Friday is still on, I’ve got final details. I’m part of a group of 10 who will have to keep in continuous motion around a track from 7PM until 7AM Saturday morning. That’s going to throw a wrench in my plans if I end up getting a ticket to Vegas for this weekend. All run and no sleep make Rick something something… Donations to the cause are still being accepted, and tax receipts will be mailed from the Canadian Cancer Society for any donations of $10 or more. If you can give anything that would be great!
2. The script is coming along. I completed what I feel is a great soundtrack this week – it’s 16 songs and one bonus song. The tracklist, should anyone feel like looking them up, is as follows. Please note that, as soon as I’m confident enough that the script is coming along well, I’m buying the domain and the soundtrack will then be available up there. The heart of the film wraps around the song Radio King by Golden Smog, but as written so far, a lot of these songs gain good exposure.
1. Wilco – Secret Of The Sea
2. Steve Earle and The V-Roys – Johnny Too Bad
3. Whiskeytown – Don’t Wanna Know Why
4. Steely Dan – Time Out Of Mind
5. Son Volt – Back Into Your World
6. Wilco – Passenger Side
7. Skydiggers – This Is No Time
8. Mourning Widows – True Love In The Galaxy
9. Jars of Clay – Needful Hands
10. Glen Phillips – Easier
11. Ryan Adams – When The Stars Go Blue
12. Steve Poltz – Leavin’ Again
13. Chantal Kreviazuk – Surrounded
14. The Dears – Autonomy
15. Wilco – Remember the Mountain Bed
16. Golden Smog – Radio King
** Secret Song ** Byron Lee – Dollar Wine