I’m bored and I want to do a Friday Five – so travel with me, back in time – four days…
1. If you could only choose 1 cd to ever listen to again, what would it be?
This question sucks. If I can listen to only one, it’s III Sides To Every Story by Extreme. The third side of the album, an 80-piece orchestral piece, is (in my opinion) the greatest thing ever put on a CD in history. Honorable mention to Straightaways by Son Volt and August and Everything After by Counting Crows.
2. If you could only choose 2 movies to watch ever again, what would they be?
The Goonies and Singles.
3. If you could only choose 3 books to read ever again, what would they be?
The Bible, Scrubs on Skates, and The Giving Tree.
4. If you could only choose 4 things to eat or drink ever again, what would they be?
Vanilla Coke, Iced Tazo Chai, Kraft Dinner, and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Blizzards.
5. If you could only choose 5 people to ever be/talk/associate/whatever with ever again, who would they be?
My wife, my Mom, my Dad, my sister, and Robert Schuller.
PS.. thanks Michelle.
Some schlub has compiled a list of “One Hundred Albums You Should Remove from Your Collection Immediately”. Some of his reasoning is, how shall we say, suspect at best. Sound logic would be preferred in most cases, but whatcha gonna do? I just thought it was interesting to see what of my albums he found to be strongly distasteful. I’d make a list of my preferred removals but you might as well just look at the Billboard Top 100 from any week since about 1988 and that would suffice. Here’s the albums I own that Mr. Arseclown has deemed disposable:
2. U2 – The Joshua Tree
3. Nirvana – Nevermind
17. Pearl Jam – Vs.
24. Nine Inch Nails – Pretty Hate Machine
34. Dave Brubeck – Time Out
39. Wilco – Being There
47. Smashing Pumpkins – Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
62. Green Day – Dookie
70. Gin Blossoms – New Miserable Experience
71. Counting Crows – August And Everything After
79. The Wallflowers – The Wallflowers
81. The Presidents of the United States of America – The Presidents of the United States of America
All I have to say is anyone that puts Brubeck, Wilco, and Counting Crows on this list doesn’t deserve an opinion. I’m surprised he could tear himself away from the latest Strokes album long enough to string together coherent sentences. Bah. (waves paw) [list found here | link found here]
I was watching ElimiDATE earlier tonight when a rather trampish young lady was cut in the final two. The reason given was he had found her obsessive cursing to be upsetting to him. Her response was that perhaps he had been hasty in his decision, as yes, she was apt to curse frequently but she was also “extremaly articulate”. No, that’s not a typo. She is EXTREMALY articulate. Uh-huh.
Kelly Clarkson, I declare a crush on you. Win this sucka.